Years of Experience
5 years +
Our client: One of the leading Media and Marketing Communication Agencies in Nigeria is looking to employ a Business/ Corporate Lawyer to advise the firm on business related issues and serve as the in- house counsel. The selected candidate will be responsible for drawing up all legal documents, overseeing employment contracts and documentations, and running the legal aspects of all transactions.
- Drafting and negotiating employee contracts;
- Developing company policy and position on legal issues;
- Researching, anticipating and guarding the organisation against legal risks;
- Guiding managers on regulatory and compliance matters: ensuring compliance with federal & state
- Facilitating training workshops for managers and other key employees;
- Structuring, drafting and reviewing reports, contracts and other legal documents;
- Preparing and filing government reports;
- Reviewing new business relationships with vendors and subcontractors;
- Guiding managers on regulatory and compliance matters;
- Updating employee handbooks and ensuring that all employee related policies are duly signed by all;
- Analysing legal issues relating to proposed products;
- Representing the corporation before administrative boards and court trials;
- Providing supervision to outside lawyers hired to assist the corporation with their specialised legal
- Structuring joint enterprises with other organisations;
- Preparing monthly reports, general information, and recommendations to the CEO and board of directors;
- Perform all other duties as assigned by the CEO and board of
The skills, knowledge and experience required from the ideal candidate include:
- Understanding of company laws and how it affects businesses within Nigeria;
- Understanding of the business environment and how transactions fit in within the ordinary scope and course of business.
- Must possess excellent drafting skills and is able to include and delete clauses in contracts for maximum value to the organisation;
- Confident negotiator and ability to ‘close the deal’;
- Capable of hands on problem-solving, with ability to generate ideas and solutions;
- Proven leadership skills;
- A positive and determined approach to researching and analysing new business opportunities;
- Ability to use own initiative and pay close attention to detail;
- Ability to cope with competing demands and to prioritise tasks.
- Strong communication skills in all forms including written, oral, email, telephone, and presentation.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills.
- A positive attitude to dealing with people.
- Capable of working independently.
- 5+ years experience as a business/ corporate lawyer;
- A Law degree from a reputable University;
- Project management certification and hands on experience working in the Media/ Marketing Communications industry will be an added advantage.
Application closes on the 18th of March 2017.