Years of Experience
A private Residence requires an experienced Private Chef to prepare daily meals for the family and household staff. The ideal candidate will have excellent track record in previous positions and will be seasoned in creating a variety of cuisines from Nigeria and around the world.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Creating fresh and seasonal meals including lunches, dinners, snacks, special events and large parties as needed; responsible for cooking for family, staff, and guests;
- Procuring all kitchen supplies when necessary including groceries and any other item as needed; maintain detailed inventory lists;
- Managing the cleanliness and organisation of the kitchen and refrigerator and other kitchen appliances;
- Serving and cleaning up after meals;
- Creating an index of family preferred recipes and maintain a dietary restriction log for each family member;
- Responding to special requests, errands, and related duties as needed
Note: This is a full-time position with required availability over weekends. Salary is generous but also highly dependent on experience (DOE).
- Candidates must have at least 4 years of experience working as Private Chef; Must have a minimum of 2 years working for a high net-worth employer;
- Excellent references from both current and previous employers;
- A good command of the English language, both written and oral;
- Must have experience cooking Nigerian and International delicacies;
- Must be certified in Hygiene and Food Safety;
- Must understand nutritional requirements for healthy eating and adopt theses elements while cooking;
- Must be meticulous, highly organised, a good record keeper, and have excellent managerial skills;
- Candidate must enjoy working around children;
- Utmost discretion and confidentiality is necessary;
- Must possess valid passport or a driver’s license;
- Able to work legally in Nigeria.