Years of Experience
The role will be responsible for managing information between individuals, organisations and the general public through the promotion of clients to their intended audiences with the use of
creative and unique content. The selected candidate will work within a wider team to influence public opinion through non- traditional and other innovative methods.
- Liaise on a daily basis with clients and the media, often via telephone and email;
- Build strong relationships and networks with colleagues, clients and the media;
- Monitor the media, including newspapers, magazines, journals, broadcasts, newswires, social media sites and blogs, for opportunities for clients;
- Work as part of an account team to develop client proposals and implement the PR activity;
- Prepare regular client reports and attend client meetings;
- Research, write and distribute unique content for clients to targeted media;
- Promote news stories and features to the media, known as ‘selling in’;
- Collate, analyze and evaluate media coverage;
- Manage events, including press conferences and promotional events;
- Attend and promote client events to the media;
- Assist with the production of client publications, on in-house blogs and platforms;
- Commission market research for projects;
- Coordinate studio or location photography;
- Undertake research for new business proposals and present them to potential new clients;
- Manage the PR aspect of a possible crisis situation.
A relevant degree in Communications and
Media Studies/ English and Creative Writing/ Marketing or Social Sciences
- Great interpersonal skills, good presentation skills and confidence;
- Excellent written communication skills;
- Flexibility, determination, enthusiasm and the ability to cope well under pressure;
- Good teamwork and negotiation skills;
- Must be able think strategically and possess good analytical skills;
- Business awareness and a good knowledge of industry affairs;
- Excellent organizational skills, with the ability to work on more than one project at a time;
- Creativity and imagination.
Certifications in NIPR, CIPR, NIM, NIMN, Prince 2 or PMP
will be of added advantage.
Application closes on the 14th of April.